Search This Blog

Saturday 19 November 2011

Memorabilia Saturday

Well, day one of Birmingham Memorabilia is over!  From a trading point of view I have to say it was very disappointing.  We barely made one-fifth of what I really needed to make, so I've just got to hope that I can pull out all the stops tomorrow to clear a lot of stock and make some money back.  I've got a few tricks up my sleeve though, so we'll have to wait and see what happpens ;)

From a fan's point of view it was a pretty damn good day :) The nice thing about having an anime stall is getting to interact with all of the fans, and it was great to have a good long babble about Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist, Bleach, and a few of my other favourite anime series with the people who stopped by.  Even the ones who were only spending a pound, or even who weren't spending anything, it was great fun to just chat with likeminded people.  I didn't get a chance for many photos, but I did take a few...
First up, Kenpachi and Yachiru, from Bleach :)

Then Reno from FFVII (I think), Matsumoto and Byakuya from Bleach.

 Followed by myself as Ichimaru with Matsumoto from the previous group.  Anyone who knows Bleach will know the history between these two characters, which is why I wanted to get a photo of just the two of us.
Then a pretty awesome Battle Royale contestant, complete with exploding collar!  From the fact that she's still alive I'm guessing she must have won ;)

And then finally, from Bleach once again, Ulquiorra.
I did see a few more cosplays, including a pretty cool Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII, but I didn't have my camera on me for a lot of the time.  Tomorrow I'm going to have access to pockets (yey!) so I'm going to try and keep my camera on me at all times so I don't miss any cosplay photo ops.  I'm also going to be entering the masquerade tomorrow, so hopefully that should be fun.

On the shopping side of things I didn't go too nuts today.  I bought a bulk pack of Pocky from Tokyo Toys, one of my favourite anime retailers, and I bought the Kick Ass graphic novel, which I've been wanting to read for some time.  I also got myself three autographs - those of Derek Jacobi, Bruce Boxleitner, and Alice Krige.  They were all really nice folks and I even get to witness a really nice moment when Brice Boxleitner actually approached Derek Jacobi's table to shake his hand and tell hime how much he admired his work.  I've never seen that happen before at one of these events, and it really put a smile on my face.

Tomorrow's shopping list is largely work-based.  I'd like to get a calender for the wall or my desk, as well as some nice geeky coasters and a mousemat.  Aside from that I just hope to have a good day's trading, meet some more awesome people, and have some fun in the masquerade.  I shall blog again tomorrow night with tales of the final day as well as more cosplay photos!


No comments:

Post a Comment