Search This Blog

Sunday 8 January 2012

A home within a home

Behold, my wonderous marine aquarium!!!


Pretty impressive huh?  Oh fine then, that's not my wonderous marine aquarium.  It is, in fact, the photo off the front of the box.  This is my aquarium as it currently stands...



So not quite so scenic at the moment, but the important thing is that the initial expense has been paid and my fish-to-be have a home!  I had a good chat with the assistant at Aquatic Pets & Gardens in Stonall, and he was really helpful.  I ended up getting a package which included everything I need for starting up a reef tank, even including the pre-mixed salt water.  Once I've moved in I just need to head back to pick up my water and some living rock, then after running the tank for a week or two I can start adding livestock - probably starting with the Hermit Crabs :)  He recommended I don't go with the Humbugs as they can be a bit aggressive, so I'm probably going to go with Yellowtail Damsels instead.
I'm rather excited, it had to be said.

And another little treat for me today...


As a housewarming gift my sister bought me a little indoor water feature :)  There's a definite aquatic theme to my new apartment!

No comments:

Post a Comment