Search This Blog

Thursday 17 November 2011

Salvation reached...

I've just finished reading Salvation's Reach by Dan Abnett, and after a slow start I have to admit it was pretty damn good.  Not one of the greatest in the Gaunt's Ghosts series, but probably up with the likes of Honour Guard.  The story was good, and a few characters said their farewells who will be sadly missed.  But I didn't really like any of the new characters, and was frankly a bit disappointed that they all made it through the book in one piece.
This has been the first time in a few months that I've got through a new book in the course of just a few days, and it felt good to be immersing myself with characters I love for a few hours a day :)  Now I'm up to date with the Tanith, the next thing to read is the latest in the Horus Heresy series; The Outcast Dead.  Once that's finished I have the sixth book in the Ciaphas Cain series, Cain's Last Stand, and by then I should have received my first ever Sisters of Battle novel, which has been preordered since the start of the year.  I've never read any of the novels about the Adeptus Sororitas before, but James Swallow is a good, solid author, and I have a feeling it's going to open up a whole new branch of the 40k universe which I previously knew very little about.

And THEN, once I'm all up to date with my favourite Black Library series, I can finally get back to A Song of Ice and Fire :)  I stopped part way through Steel and Snow, so it'll be good to get back to the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros.
Muchos reading still to do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment