Search This Blog

Sunday 13 November 2011

FNM Result 11th November

Yes, two posts in quick succession, but I didn't think the little chocolate lament would fit in particularly well with this week's FNM result.

So another experimental week, this time I was using a slightly altered version of the Illusions deck I used at last Sunday's tournament.  A few counterspells have been removed to add a few unsummon spells, just so I have a defence against creatures which are already out.  I had high hopes for this deck, but sadly it still needs an awful lot of work, and completely fell apart on the night, resulting in my worst FNM performance since I started attending.  In one particular game I was killed in 6 turns, and in every turn all I did was play a land.  It was painful, to be quite honest.  The only victory of the night I got was against someone who had only been playing for a couple of months, and was at his first ever tournament of any description.
I will probably be unable to go to next week's FNM as I'll be setting up for the Birmingham Memorabilia event on the Friday afternoon, but if I get finished quickly enough then I will see if I can make it, and this time I will probably be playing Vampires again.  I'm also currently putting together a blue/black Zombie deck, but I've yet to playtest it.  However, given my love of zombies in general, this deck could well become my main deck if it works well.  I have a couple of cards on order for it and will post a decklist when they arrive, and then I'll be updating as and when I get a chance to see how it runs :)

But in the meantime, here's a breakdown of the Illusions' embarrasing performance on Friday

Game 1: Lost 2-0 vs Green Werewolves
Game 2: Lost 2-1 vs Red/Black Vampires
Game 3: Won 2-0 vs Green Werewolves & Tokens
Game 4: Lost 2-0 vs White Artifacts
Game 5: Bye (automatic 2-0 win)

It's the first time I've had a bye for poor performance in FNM, so I'm now feeling more determined than ever to get my Vampires and Elves up to a good fighting standard, and the sculpt these new Zombies into something terrifying.

No comments:

Post a Comment