Search This Blog

Saturday 19 November 2011

Memorabilia jitters

Well I wanted to get a good night's sleep and be well-rested for the weekend's Memorabilia show, but it seems that's not going to happen.  I hit the hay about 11:00 last night, but then woke up at 12:00, 3:00, and finally 5:00, and this time I haven't been able to get back to sleep.  I think it's safe to say that nerves are the cause.
It's been 18 months since I last worked a Memorabilia, and 2 years since I last worked the pre-Christmas one.  But I think the biggest point of anxiety is that this is going to be my last Memorabilia, so I need to get as much stock sold as possible, otherwise it's just going to be left cluttering up the loft.  And seeing as all proceeds are going to paying off my debts so I can move out, there's a bit of extra pressure to do well.
I think the most important thing is that I just try and relax and enjoy the show, there's some great guests there this year who I can't wait to meet :) Today I'm hoping to meet Derek Jacobi (British acting legend, has appeared in damn-near everything, but my personal favourite was the title role in I, Claudius), Bruce Boxleitner (TRON in... well... TRON), and Alice Krige (The Borg Queen from Star Trek: First Contact).

No comments:

Post a Comment