Search This Blog

Monday 21 November 2011

A picture Prefect cosplay...

Well it may be another 4 months until the next Memorabilia, but I've already got the grey cells ticking over with regards to my next cosplay.  I've been to most Memorabilias in recent years, but I've never attended on both days before unless I've been running a stall, but in March I want to cosplay twice so I'll be there on both the Saturday and the Sunday :)
There's going to be a very noticeable theme over the weekend... something to do with Hitchhiking around the galaxy ;)  There are two tweaks that I'd like to make to my Arthur Dent costume, so I'll definitely be going as him again on one of the two days.  First of all I want to get a Babelfish sorted, and second of all I want to get a toy bulldozer, so that I can lie down in front of it to pose for photos!
For the second day I've had the seed of an idea planted in my head, and now there's simply no way to get rid of it!  So cosplay number two...
Arthur's constant friend and companion, Ford Prefect.  The Ford from the movie was terrible (as were a lot of things in that film), so for those who don't recognise this shot, it's the definitive Ford from the BBC TV series.  I've already started on my hunt for the argyle vest top and stripey jacket, and feel quietly confident that four months will be enough time to get this costume together :)  The only problem is that I know my hair won't be thick enough or long enough by March/April to match Ford's style, but I'll just have to do my best with what I can grow!
Stay tuned for updates over the coming months...

No comments:

Post a Comment