Search This Blog

Sunday 13 November 2011

A sign of the times

I've just been to Asda (Walmart, to you folks in the States... hello, folks in the States :) I do hope you're having a good weekend.  Trans-atlantic hugs), and have been confronted with a distressing sign of the times we live it: shrinking chocolate.

Oh I haven't had my head buried in the sand, I'm well aware of the fact that bars are getting smaller.  250g became 230g, half an inch got trimmed off Mars bars, it's all been happening since the recession.  It's a shame, but it's something we've all had to learn to live with.  But one thing I though was safe were the tins of chocolates.  Whenever Christmas approaches and the tins of Roses, Heroes and Celebrations (even Quality Street, if you have no soul) hit the shelves, they always seemed like they were going to weather the storm of chocolate shrinkage.  But today I picked up a tin each of Roses and Heroes, and have had to face the fact that they are now a whopping 20% smaller than in days gone by.  1kg has become 800g.

This makes me quite sad.  That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment