Search This Blog

Saturday 5 November 2011

Happy Bonfire Night!

Sorry for the shortness of my last post, it was the first time I'd tried blogging whilst mobile with the hastily-downloaded Blogger app.  It's not fantastic, but it's certainly going to be great for blogging photos on-the-go :)

So anyways, yes.  Happy Bonfire Night.  It does seem somewhat strange to me that we British celebrate someone's attempt to blow up the entire government.  It seems even stranger that we liked the idea enough to still be celebrating it several hundred years down the line.  But I guess if Guy Fawkes had never tried to blow up parliament then we'd never have had V For Vendetta.  So good Guy Fawkes *pats head* Have a gold star.
I don't really mark bonfire night at all.  I sometimes spend half an hour or so watching fireworks out of the window, but I never actually go out to bonfires or firework displays.  I do love walking on November 5th though, as the smell of fireworks is very nice, and I was glad I got the opportunity to do that this evening :)

Yes, this evening I went out on bonfire night!  But no it wasn't anything bonfire/firework based in the slightest, it was a night of all-you-can-eat sushi at Woktastic in Birmingham (see previous post for a dynamic sushi conveyor belt action shot!).  I've eaten off their set menu before, but I've never had their sushi buffet, and I have to say I wasn't disappointed.  Fantastic selection, a nice handful of hot dishes, and a couple of welcome desserts.  In the end I filled up on a whopping 22 dishes, so I certainly got my money's worth!
It was originally organised as a work night out, but in the end only 3 of us turned up; Cass, Rich (Northie) and myself.  I was hoping for about half a dozen or so, but illnesses, family gatherings, and prior engagements whittled the numbers down.  It was still a good night though, and fun was had all round.  The one and only downside was that by 8:00 we were all stuffed and ready for bed!  It probably would have been a good idea to book later... perhaps that's something to think about if we decide to go again in the future.

So that's about it.  Happy Bonfire Night, people of the UK! Happy Saturday, everyone else.  And happy sushi to me!

Oh yes, and in other news, I watched Unstoppable this morning (Denzel Washington, Chris Pine, and a runaway train).  I was quite interested when I saw clips of it a few months back, but never saw it at the cinema.  I enjoyed it, and would certainly recommend it to folks :) A good flick, that's for sure.

Okay, I'm very sleepy now.  Post-food naps are needed.  Bye bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment