Search This Blog

Sunday 9 October 2011

Final cake result!

So here we go, as promised, the photo result of my immense baking session today! Started just after 10:00am, finished about 5:30pm, and producing roughly 85 cupcakes.

So we have Vanilla & Bitter Chocolate (blue cases), Blackberry Cornmeal (pink cases), Cornmeal Rumcakes (white cases), and Triple Citrus Cupcakes (Green/Yellow cases).  Having tried the citrus ones I've decided not to bother with the icing.  They taste nice enough on their own, and adding icing will make them a tremendous mess when I have to stack and transport them tomorrow.  I like the Blackberry ones as well, the Vanilla/Bitter choc ones are passable, and the Rum ones were a bit of a letdown, but all in all I'm happy with the selection I'm taking in tomorrow.  And if there's any left when I finish at 5:00 then they'll be coming home with me ;) lol

Also, I've bought two extras...
I've got one workmate who's very keen on Carrot Cake, and I didn't fancy making one on top of everything else I had to bake today, so I picked up an Asda Extra Special one, which I've had in the past and I know it tastes good.  Then on the way out of Asda I spotted their Hallowe'en cake range, and in the Death By Chocolate cake :) It's your typical mega-chocolatey cake, but the topping is decorated with icing gravestones and a hand bursting its way out of the ground.  Now anyone who knows me knows that chocolate and zombies are two of my favourite things, and now they have been brought together through the wonderful medium of cake.  I've tried everything I've baked today, and I've had the carrot cake in the past, so I'm determined to get a slice of this tomorrow, seeing as it's something new to try.

So there we go, my cake adventure is finished!  Tune in tomorrow and hopefully I'll have had some good feedback from my fellow labrats :)

No comments:

Post a Comment