Search This Blog

Saturday 8 October 2011

Why did the blonde walk around with her purse open?

Because she'd heard about the change in the weather!

But seriously though, what a change!  It was just over a week ago that I was spending my lunchbreaks sunbathing in the hospital garden with friends from work.  Now it seems like an age ago, both in the temperature drop and in the fact that I wouldn't want to be spending my lunch with some of those people.  Not all of them, there are still a few friends left there, just not as many as there were a fortnight ago.

Had a decent evening last night - Friday Night Magic with Rich (aka Mr. Anderson).  Lost 4 games and won just one, but that one was won in such spectacular fashion - swinging for 38 poison counters with Trample in a single turn.  If you don't know Magic: The Gathering then that won't mean anything to you, but those who play it will know that was a truly incredible feat.  It made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Anyways, the weather.  Sweet monkey Zeus it's frikkin' freezing!  Most definitely time for 2 blankets on the bed, and very nearly time to add a hot water bottle into the mix.  I do need to psyche myself up to get out of the house though.  I want to pop into Sutton to see if the H&M sale has started, and if it has, do they have any waistcoats on sale?  And secondly I need to get myself up to Asda to get my ingredient shopping done.  Would Mr Kipling be a cheaper/easier option?  Yes on both counts.  But I've decided I'm going to be the better man in this hellhole of a workplace, and I'm going to make cakes for everyone.

In lighter, staying-in-bed news, the weekly SkyPlayer (Sky Go) update has been a good one!  Sadly District 9 has dropped out of the listings, which I really wanted to see, but in its place we now have Rules of Engagement (back from before Samuel L. Jackson appeared in EVERYTHING!), and two films I've always wanted to see but never have done: American Beauty, and Girl Interrupted.

Anyway, this blog entry is actually me procrastinating and refusing to get ready to leave the house, so I'm going to sign off, get dressed, and venture out into the arctic wilderness...




Oh and I must watch last night's Masterchef Australia!  Om nom Dani nom ;) lol  Seriously though, it's an awesome show, so much better than UK Masterchef.

No comments:

Post a Comment