Search This Blog

Saturday 8 October 2011

Clothing success

I have, for the last couple weeks, been slightly preoccupied with thoughts of what to wear to my leaving do next weekend.  Yes, it's a scary thought, but in a week's time I'll be away from the hospital and celebrating with a good old (alcohol free) knees-up in town.
Well I despertely needed new jeans and new boots, so I got both of them just over a week ago, but I have been struggling somewhat with tops.  I do have many t-shirts, and many hawaiian shirts (which I love dearly), but I did fancy something a little bit snappy, yet still casual.  So over the last 2 weeks I have been searching in vain for a casual waistcoat, and a shirt that works nicely with it.  Well today my search is over, for in the H&M sale they had... no waistcoats!  Okay, that doesn't sound particularly triumphant.  But they did have in the sale a very nice, lightweight but long-sleeved white shirt, and outside of the sale they had a plain, black casual waistcoat, which was significantly cheaper than its more ornate counterparts.  Now I like cheap (cheap = good!), but I won't go for clothes just because they're cheap, I'd rather spend a few extra pounds for something I really like, especially as I buy clothes so infrequently as and such get a lot of wear out of what I have.  But this plain, unornamented waistcoat was a hundred times nicer than any of the other ones, so it won hands-down in every respect.
So now I have new shoes, new jeans, new shirt, and new waistcoat, and I'm ready to dazzle next Saturday :) Also I think I'm just about done with clothes shopping for another couple of years lol  Except perhaps for finding one or two more plain shirts that go with my new waistcoat.  It'd be a bit frustrating if I only ever got to wear it with the one same shirt.

Okay, clothes babble over.  Thank you for putting up with it folks, I shall try to make the next post extra-manly to make up for it.



...actually I've just thought, my next post will probably be about my cake-baking.  Perhaps not so manly then.


No comments:

Post a Comment