Search This Blog

Monday 10 October 2011

Cake verdict

Well today I took in all of the cakes that I baked on Sunday.  It was a bit of an effort getting them all into work in the first place - I completely filled the space under my scooter seat and had to carry the rest in a bag over my shoulder as I rode!  But I made it in without incident.  At least if I got pulled over I could bribe the police with blackberry gooodness.  om nom nom.

Anyways, at work we have a low filing cabinet at the top of the stairs, and anyone who brings in cakes puts them on top of the cabinet so that folks can grab one on the way to their break, so I got in this morning, trudged up the stairs with a stack of cakes only to find that someone had beaten me to it!  It was one of the girls' birthdays at the weekend, so she'd brought in a load of cakes and they were sat on top of the cabinet.  Not panicking, I checked the dates on them and they were all quite long-dated, whereas my stuff was freshly baked and needed to be eaten asap really.  So I thought I'd put her cakes in the drawer until tomorrow, and then my cakes could be eaten today, so I opened the drawer and... MORE CAKES!  And then I opened the bottom drawer to find it was full of biscuits!  So there was a bit of a cake overload today, and as a result about half of mine didn't get eaten.  I've left them at work in the hope that they'll get finished tomorrow, but I'm not sure how well they'll cope with being left for another day.

On the plus side though, people seemed to enjoy them, so mission accomplished on that front :)  And at least I know I'll be able to stuff my face again when I go in for my last day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment