Search This Blog

Saturday 15 October 2011

Time to leave...

Morning folks!  Okay, by the time I actually post this it'll be early afternoon, but at the moment it's still just about morning, so that's whay I'm choosing to say it.  So there.

No, no, it's not time for me to leave my blog.  In fact it's been flourishing pretty well since I left Twitter.  I think I'm enjoying having a good old ramble once every day or two a lot better than just typing the odd line every few minutes.  Do I miss Twitter?  Not really.  I miss the Cadbury's competitions as they've been very good to me over the last year, but that's pretty much it.  Anyways, when I say "Time to leave" I'm actually talking about City Hospital.

Confused?  That's fair.  I actually left the hospital on Tuesday afternoon, and my last official day was yesterday, so as of 17:00 last night I am no longer an employee of the NHS and, by extension, Her Majesty's government.  But the leaving I spoke of relates to the most sacred tradition of all who abandon their employers: The leaving do!

It feels a little weird having a leaving do when I had one just over a year ago.  Maybe I have to somehow go back in time and erase the old one, seeing as I'm returning to that workplace anyway.  But odd as it may feel, I'm very much looking forward to it.  There's already been one cancellation this morning, which is a dreadful shame, but there's still set to be 10 of us in attendance, so it should still be a decent night :) To be honest I can't wait to get out there and rock my new waistcoat lol

No comments:

Post a Comment