Search This Blog

Sunday 9 October 2011

Cake report: Part 2 of 3

Well first up there be good news, my marble cupcakes weren't a complete disaster.  The chocolate part is still extremely bitter, but the vanilla does balance it quite nicely, so if I advertise them as Vanilla & Bitter Chocolate cupcakes I should get away with it :)

Anyway, part 2: Blackberry and cornmeal cupcakes.  I haven't tried one yet (they're cooling as I type), but they look absolutely delicious!  A lovely golden colour, just slightly browned off where the sugar topping has caramelised.  I really can't wait to try one!

Plus there's a bonus!

This Martha Stewart cupcake book always gets the measurement a bit off, so you end up making more cakes than the book says, and these were no exception.  Unfortunately the blackberries were the only thing which there wasn't a surplus of, so further blackberry/cornmeal cakes were out of the question.  So I thought "I know, I'll put in raisins instead, so they're raisin cornmeal cupcakes", then I thought "oohm wait... rum & raisin cornmeal cupcakes!".  So I mixed the rum into the remaining batter, went into the cupboard and... no raisins!  Well I've done enough shopping trips for these things, so I just left them as is.  So there is one small batch of experimental Cornmeal Rumcakes!  I hope they come out alright, but only time will tell!

So that's stage 2 done.  At this point I've got enough cakes for everyone at work, but I think I'll still go ahead with the citrus cupcakes, because they just sound too nice to leave out.

No comments:

Post a Comment