Search This Blog

Friday 19 November 2010

Unproductively productive

Isn't it odd?  Yes it is, don't argue.  I can still hear you arguing.  Listen, if you don't stop this right away then I'm going to just walk away and that won't benefit any of us.  Except maybe you at the back.

That's better.

Isn't it odd, how when you're actually doing something productive it can feel like you've actually achieved nothing with your evening?  I mean I spent 20 hours playing Mass Effect 2 the first weekend that I got it, which pretty much eclipsed my entire weekend.  And then I followed that up by playing all evening every evening for the following week.  But even though I'd done nothing practical, I felt like my evenings/weekend had been worthwhile, and I still stick to that.  Okay, the galaxy that I saved only exists on my 360's hard drive, but I had an absolute blast, and if you spend your free time doing something you enjoy then I think it's time well spent.
Perhaps that's why this evening feels wasted.  I've been making serious headway in my quest to make 'Seagulls see the light of day, but I haven't really been enjoying myself.  I'm trying to get some reviews and feedback on the opening chapters from youwriteon.com - so far I've had one, which was positive but suggested a bit of polishing up was required.  But in order to get reviews you have to give some of your own.  I've written the odd review on Amazon and Play, but it's always been about something I felt so passionate about that I felt compelled to tell the whole world!  Having something handed to you and being told "Read that, review it, and give some practical feedback" is another matter altogether.

So that's how I've been spending my evening, having a flick through other folks' books and giving my two cents' worth.  I think I may be reaching my brains reviewing limit for the night though, I'm feeling compelled to return to my beloved Dexter.

Babble over.  Have a grea weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment