Search This Blog

Saturday 9 February 2013

Fishy Friends: 12 months on

Well this weekend marks 12 months since my little marine aquarium first had life introduced to it.  It's been something of a rollercoaster, mainly hopping between wonder and heartache, but I haven't regretted having it for a moment.  Here's how my tank as a whole is looking today...

The only thing about a full tank shot is that you can't really see any of the critters living in there, so let me give you a lineup.  As of today my tank contains:
  • 2 black hermit crabs
  • 1 red hermit crab
  • 1 stripe-legged hermit crab
  • 1 emerald crab
  • 1 maroon clownfish
  • 1 firefish
  • 2 blue/green chromis
  • 1 green brittle sea star
  • 1 sand-sifiting starfish
  • 1 coral banded shrimp
  • 1 dancer shrimp
  • 3 turbo snails
  • 1 sand-sifting snail
And a brand new addition to the tank today:
I'm still trying to find out which species of hermit this is, but I've named him Jim and he's an absolutely magnificent specimen.

So overall the tank's doing well. I've sadly lost 3 fish in the last year and a number of invertebrates, but on the whole everything's thriving.  I'm thinking about getting a Coral Beauty at some point in the next couple of months, but at the moment I'm very happy with the way it's looking on the whole, and am looking forward to another 12 months of marine fun :)



No comments:

Post a Comment