Search This Blog

Thursday 7 February 2013

Re: Your Brains - A follow up.

Well it looks like I'm back again!  My laptop was virused in August of last year, and seeing as I was broke I wasn't able to take it into a shop to get fixed.  As time wore on I realised that I was pretty damn happy being unable to spend my evenings dawdling about on the internet, so by the time I actually had the money to sort the problem I decided not to bother.  So I have been computer free for over 6 months and I think it's been a very good experience.

Anyways, I'm obviously up and running again now, so time to update the world on the biggest thing to happen in my life last year.

Remember the zombie audition I went to last June?  If not then my last blog entry before meltdown will explain all.  After several weeks of hearing nothing about it, I eventually gave up hope and carried on about my normal business.  It was something I would have loved to have won, but wasn't really expecting anything to come of it.  Then there was a sudden announcement... "sorry we've taken so long to decide, but we will have chosen a winner by the end of next week!"

Huzzah! There was still hope (if only a fool's hope).

But then next week came and went, and still there was no word.  Once again I shrugged, was thankful for the fun of the audition itself, and went on with my non-zombie life.  My social life took unexpected turns, my job grew stressful, I decided to get a new tattoo in October.  I love my ink, and a new one was long overdue.

And this was where the proverbial ball began to roll...

While on the way to the tattooist my phone rang. It wasn't a number I recognised and I didn't want to be late for my new ink, so I let it go to voicemail.  I went into the studio, sat down, spent a couple of hours under the needle, and headed off to rest my rather sore shoulder.  Once home and relaxing I checked my voicemails.  "Hi Rob, it's Laura from Wish.co.uk..."

That's right. The zombie people. 500 people competed for the role of Britain's Next Top Zombie, and I'm the one who walked away with the title.

HELL.
YEAH.

From there things have stumbled a little, but my zombie life (or unlife) is actually starting to move now.  I still haven't started at the Zombie Manor House in Warrington (which is where the audition was actually for), and a scheduled apppearence on ITV's This Morning on Halloween fell through at the last minute, but a couple of weeks ago I was actually called in for some promo work on the new Nicholas Hoult film Warm Bodies.

So there I am in the blue shirt behind with the gaping head and cheek wounds.  This was a fantastic trip down to London, and my first paid zombie work, which means I am now officially a professional zombie!
Hopefully the Manor House job will start soon as I can't wait to get started, but in the meantime the lovely people at Wish are trying to find things to keep me occupied.

Well that's my big update.  I am Britain's Next Top Zombie, and I'm loving the lifestyle that comes with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment