Search This Blog

Sunday 5 May 2013

A brief fishy update

Well I know a lot of my blog has been about zombies of late, but that's purely because a lot of my life has been about zombies of late!  In fact I'll have another post to follow very shortly with regards to my filming session on Thursday and Friday.  But right now, this is a quick post about my lovely fishy friends.
It's been about a year now since I bought my maroon clownfish, Fulgrim, and since day 1 I've really wanted to get her an anemone to host.  I did get an anemone last summer, but sadly the clowns (as I did have a pair back then) didn't take to it, and it died later on.  When the second clown died I put the anemone on the back-burner, as one of the main reasons I wanted one was that they were a mated pair and it would encourage them to breed.
But now that my tank's fully stocked I decided it was time to bite the bullet and get that anemone, so I picked up a beautifully vibrant red bubble tip anemone, which I have named Cthulhu.

He was pretty expensive, setting me back £50, but I'm hoping he'll last a good while.  The most important thing is getting the clown to host him, as she'll make sure he gets fed and look after him in general.  Once I'd got Cthulhu into the tank he spent a couple of hours moving around, trying to find a nice spot, and by luck he settled into just the spot I was hoping he'd choose, as it's right in the middle of Fulgrim's territory.  After he'd been there for a little while Fulgrim started to swim up close and take an interest in the new addition, and a short while later I looked into the tank to see this...
 
So it looks like they're going to get along just fine.  This photo was taken around 4 hours ago, and Fulgrim hasn't spent more than a few seconds away from Cthulhu at a time since then, so hopefully this'll be the start of a long and happy friendship!



No comments:

Post a Comment