Search This Blog

Saturday 28 October 2017

Beware of the Seagulls is go.

So after dealing with a great deal of self doubt (mostly with some counteractive drinking), I've finally decided to take the plunge and Kindle-publish Beware of the Seagulls.  It's been almost 10 years since I finished it, and I've never had the nerve to throw it out to a wide audience and see how it fares.

To be honest, a large part of me isn't actually bothered about its reception - it may pick up a couple of fans here and there, or it may be read by half a dozen people who all think it's garbage, who knows?  But this was something I put a lot of my heart and soul into when I was younger, and writing it brought me a great deal of joy.

The sequel - which was roughly 90% complete when I left it - possibly meant even more to me, as I continued to run with characters I'd come to love.  So regardless of what happens at this point, this is a gift from me to 25 year old Rob.  Beware of the Seagulls is public.  Your story is finally out there for all to see.


No comments:

Post a Comment